Starfield and Hogwarts Legacy nominations for “Miss Game of the Year”! How is this possible? – NATIVE AMERICAN

- Advertisement -

Of course, we all understand that it is impossible to include all released fragments in the Game of the Year voting. The polls are not inflated and less interesting titles are simply eliminated from the round. Publication of nominations Game rewards but this year it caused quite a stir. How can he be completely ignored at the gaming Oscars? Hogwarts Legacy And Star field not nominated for game of the year?

- Advertisement -

To answer this question, we need to look at how The Game Awards works. Nominee games in most categories are selected by an international jury of more than 100 global media and influential individuals. Each media outlet nominates five games in each category, and the five games with the most votes are put to a public vote. If there is a tie anywhere, six games compete in that category.

Thus, Hogwarts Legacy did not receive enough press attention to gain enough votes to make the top five. At the same time, a journey into the magical world of Harry Potter average rating 84% and is the best-selling game of this year in the United States. Starfield averages 83% and is nominated only in the RPG category.

As you can see, even such a pleasant rating does not guarantee developers and publishers that their project will have the opportunity to compete for prizes. But to be honest, both games have many below average reviews, so they are controversial and have their own flaws and shortcomings.

That’s probably what decided Hogwarts Legacy’s absence from the shortlist. Golden Joystick Award 2023, while Starfield competed for Best Visual Design, Best Sound, Best Supporting Actor, Best Xbox Game, and Best Game of the Year. Bethesda Game Studios’ Space Quest has finally won the public’s Golden Joystick award for best Xbox game. He defeated Pentiment, Dead Space, Planet of Lana, Hi-Fi Rush and Chants of Sennaar. Millions of players from all over the world voted in the survey.

It’s likely that Starfield won’t take home a statuette from The Game Awards 2023. It’s in the RPG category, of course. Baldur’s Gate 3, which, along with Alan Wake 2, has eight nominations. Also in this genre there is Final Fantasy XVI, the good Lies of P and the cute Sea of ​​Stars. Do you think Xbox fans will prevail in the poll and vote for Starfield? Ignoring the entire vote is more common in the Xbox camp. And even if they click on Starfield like crazy, it probably won’t matter much to them because Player votes weigh only 10%. Yes, it’s not much. The remaining 90% goes to the jury, which isn’t expected to get many votes for “Starfield” when nominations come this way. So fans of Xbox and Microsoft in general can hope for success. Hi-Fi Rush with an average rating of 87%. Tango Gameworks’ unconventional rhythm action game is up for five categories: Action of the Year, Best Art Direction, Best Music, Best Sound Design and Accessibility Innovation.

Go to website

Source :Indian TV

- Advertisement -


Related articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here